Knowledge is power, particularly in the increasingly complex world of retirement planning. Retirement professionals need to stay abreast of a myriad of topics that impact plan design, satisfy regulatory developments and ensure that plan sponsors and their participants have a customized plan that meets their unique needs.
ABG Partners With ASPPA
Today, continuing education and industry credentialing is more important than ever. With this in mind, Alliance Benefit Group (ABG) has partnered with the American Society of Pension Professionals & Actuaries (ASPPA) to ensure that ABG providers engage in the rigorous and ongoing training and accreditation needed to keep abreast of changes in the retirement planning arena. ABG’s training offerings include discounted exams, access to distributable study guides, online access to the acclaimed ERISA Outline Book, and unlimited webcasts sponsored by ASPPA. Giving the best advice as a retirement plan consultant and provider requires getting the best in continuing education.
ASPPA Credentials Differentiate ABG
ABG sees ASPPA education and credentialing as an important facet in delivering high-quality service to its clients. “Workplace retirement plans, and those who support them, are vitally important to the nation’s retirement security,” noted James Apistolas, Director of ASPPA’s Retirement Plan Academy. “Particularly in this challenging and dynamic environment, we are pleased to support ABG’s continued commitment to educational excellence with a wide and expanding array of educational programs.”
ABG has more than 200 ASPPA credentialed professionals, with more than 50 additional associates working towards various ASPPA certifications.
Headquartered in metro Washington, D.C. and founded in 1966, ASPPA is an organization of actuaries, consultants, administrators and other benefits professionals that comprise the industry’s premier national organization for retirement plan professionals.
ASPPA’s major goals are two-fold:
- Educate retirement plan and benefits professionals
- Create a framework of policy that gives every working American the ability to have a comfortable retirement
ASPPA has been the industry’s premier educational provider for almost 50 years and offers comprehensive training and topical programs that keep ABG professionals current and enable them to provide high-quality service to their clients.
Certification programs available through ASPPA’s Retirement Plan Academy include:
ASPPA Credentialing Program
- Qualified 401(k) Administrator (QKA) – focuses on 401(k) plan recordkeeping, nondiscrimination testing and administrative aspects
- Qualified Pension Administrator (QPA) – focuses on technical administration, compliance and reporting functions for all types of qualified plans
- Certified Pension Consultant (CPC) – focuses on plan design and administration, as well as compliance, plan documents and operations Enrolled
- Retirement Plan Agent (ERPA) – enables a retirement plan professional to practice and represent taxpayers before the IRS on certain retirement plan issues
- Qualified Plan Financial Consultant (QPFC) – focuses on the aspects of retirement planning, administration and regulatory requirements that consultants who provide plan design, sales support or financial consulting need to know
- Tax-Exempt & Governmental Plan Consultant (TGPC) – encompasses issues affecting the administration, sales and marketing aspects of 403(b), 457(b) and other plans maintained by tax-exempt and governmental entities
Providing clients and financial advisors partners with great service and actionable advice is an important goal for ABG professionals. Access to the most comprehensive continuing education programs in the industry through ASPPA plays a big part in that mission.